There are many reasons to light up and enjoy a cigar. Simply existing is one of them, but if you need an excuse to smoke, then this list is for you. Here’s the list we have compiled of special occasions to smoke a cigar:
Let’s start off with the basics, like life events.
– There is always a party to be had, whether it’s hanging out having a few beers or getting wild with some close friends. A cigar is the perfect compliment to an evening of festivities.
– On the topic of parties, we cannot leave out birthday parties. Everyone has a birthday so what better way to celebrate than with a cigar!
– Now you may be thinking, “Not everyone graduates…” but we’re here to say you’re wrong! We’re not just talking college or high school graduation, even though those are perfectly good moments to smoke a cigar as well. We’re talking about your child or your friend’s child graduating from kindergarten, or basically any graduation. A graduation is always a reason for celebrate with a cigar!
4. Baby Shower
– If you don’t have friends or family members graduating, you at least have friends or family getting who are pregnant. And they’re celebrating with baby showers, of course. So we’re here to say light one up to make it through the shower, but also use the shower as an excuse.
“Why is Johnny outside smoking a cigar rather than playing pin the diaper on the baby?” Well for one, most guys don’t enjoy baby showers. Maybe Johnny is not avoiding the game, but he’s celebrating this monumental occasion – with a cigar!
– If you have already been to a baby shower then more than likely there will be a birth in the near future, but I’m just speculating here. Whether it’s a girl or a boy, there’s a new baby in town and a cigar to be smoked in celebration.
6. Bachelor/Bachelorette Party
– These parties are a bit more rare than others, but if you happen to land yourself an invite to a bachelor/bachelorette party, we suggest bringing many cigars. Lighting up a cigar for pregame festivities or ending with one as a nightcap is the perfect reason to smoke a cigar.
7. Wedding Shower
– These parties are a bit more fun than baby showers because there’s probably alcohol involved. It’s the perfect occasion to smoke a cigar. Everyone is hanging out having a good time, so light one up and enjoy the festivities (you might want to ask though before you light up a cigar in the host’s living room).
– After attending a wedding shower, there’s a good chance you will be invited to a wedding. We suggest stocking up on some sweet sticks so you will be prepared for the wedding and the reception. Although we do not recommend smoking during the ceremony… that could make things a tad awkward and you could make a scene.
Since we covered the basic life events to celebrate with a cigar, we will now tackle the yearly holidays!
9. New Year’s Eve
– W will start with everyone’s favorite: New Year’s Eve. This is the day where everyone plans to party and let loose. The best thing about this is if your resolution is to stop smoking then you get to go out in style on New Year’s Eve smoking your last cigar.
Let’s be real, that’s a crazy resolution to make anyway if you love cigars. I mean how long do you really think that will last for?
10. New Year’s Day
– If you made the awesome choice not to give up cigars for the New Year then New Year’s Day is the perfect day to light one up. This day is the official blank page to the year ahead and what better day to celebrate with a New Year’s stick than day one.
11. Valentine’s Day
– This is the known relationship day, whether you’re celebrating with your significant other or relishing in single’s awareness day. This is a day to kick back and enjoy the little things in life, like a cigar.
12. President’s Day
– Good ol’ President’s Day – the day where America looks back and celebrates the former Presidents. This day may not seem like an exciting holiday but it is a holiday so you have an excuse to smoke a cigar!
13. Mother’s Day
– This is the day to appreciate your mother. You can bond with her over a large pack of cigars. If your mom doesn’t smoke, then light one up in honor of her to celebrate!
14. Father’s Day
– Just like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day is the day to appreciate your father. What better way to gain your father’s respect back (after all the terrible things you’ve done) than by giving him some awesome cigars to smoke. Who knows he might even let you smoke some with him!
– This is something to celebrate because it’s not just a day, oh no, it’s an entire week! We say celebrate by passing over some cigars and enjoying them throughout the week.
– If you’re celebrating Passover then you will already be in full celebration swing by the time Easter hits, but if you are not so keen on Passover then we suggest Easter. Easter is a great holiday for many reasons. We suggest having a cigar hunt rather than an Easter egg hunt; need we say more?
17. Cinco de Mayo
– This is a day to celebrate Mexico’s victory and freedom in the Battle of Puebla. So grab your cigars and tequila, or better yet grab your tequila infused cigars (yes, we sell those!) and get to celebrating!
18. Memorial Day
– Commemorate the men and women that have fought for our freedom by enjoying a cigar in their honor.
19. Independence Day
– This is the day where you are guaranteed to have a lighter in hand, so why not put that lighter to good use and light yourself a cigar. I mean what better way to exercise your freedom than smoking a cigar while barbecuing and shooting off fireworks.
20. Saint Patrick’s Day
– Ahh the day where everyone suddenly becomes part Irish. This holiday is fun, cigar in hand or not, but we suggest bringing a few sticks. Help that Irish Car Bomb settle by smoking a smooth cigar and enjoying some Irish beer or whiskey!
21. Labor Day
– This holiday is also known as the holiday of rest, even though its name is pretty ironic. We of course, feel the ultimate relaxation is kicking back enjoying some cigars. So get your relaxation on by enjoying cigars and not laboring on Labor Day.
22. Columbus Day
– The random holiday that remembers when Christopher Columbus discovered America, or should we say, “Columbus Rescued at Sea Day?” Either way it’s a holiday and a damn good excuse to smoke a New World cigar!
– Anyone and everyone can agree that dressing up is always a fun time, making Halloween the ultimate holiday. Whether your costume requires a cigar or not, we suggest having some on hand for the night’s festivities.
24. Veteran’s Day
– Another holiday that pays respect to our men and women that have served in our Armed Forces. So we suggest enjoying and sharing a few cigars with your Veteran friends and family members and honoring them.
– The holiday for giving thanks and stuffing your face while putting up with your family members. To make it through this holiday you should certainly smoke a cigar. One, you can say you’re thankful for these delicious sticks of wonder, and two, it will give you a chance to have a break from all the craziness.
– Need we say more?! Bring out the dreidels and fry up some latkes because this eight-day celebration is just asking for cigars to be smoked.
– Better yet, let’s just say the entire month of December. When December hits, everyone is just ready for the holidays to happen and the year to be over. It’s unheard of to not have constant holiday festivities happening throughout December, so we suggest stocking up on cigars to continue the celebration.
By stoking up on cigars you are benefiting yourself by being prepared for the party, and now you have a smorgasbord of awesome stocking stuffers too!
Now that the holidays and life events are covered, let’s move onto some monumental life achievements.
28. New Job
– Who doesn’t enjoy getting a new job? Especially if it means more money in the bank. So treat yourself to an awesome cigar to celebrate your achievements and try to relax before you transition to another workplace.
29. Buying a House
– This is a monumental achievement in life. The paperwork is no joke, and when you’re finally handed those keys, it feels like you’re on top of the world. What better way to celebrate this achievement than by smoking inside your comfy living room, or relaxing on that new patio you’ve always wanted.
30. Sport Championships
– Now, we know not everyone is into sports, but that doesn’t mean you can’t light one up when your friend’s favorite team wins.
For larger celebrations, like The Super Bowl, it is definitely acceptable to smoke a cigar throughout the game. If you are a sports fan and you really enjoy tailgating before the games, then you should purchase our 2015 Tailgate Combo! It’s a Cigar Caddy Travel Humidor with 5 great cigars and a Welder Single Torch Flame Lighter.
31. Business Success
– There will be a point in time where you will further your career or receive a raise. Whatever it may be, you’ve just made another big step in your career and that calls for a celebration! We say grab yourself a drink and kick back with an awesome cigar to celebrate your accomplishments.
32. Inheriting a Will
– We went a tad dark with this one, but there’s always a light at the end of a dark tunnel. Inheriting a will is a prime example. Of course, you’re going to be sad about your recent loss, but your great aunt left you a will to continue on and thrive. Smoking a cigar is the perfect way to celebrate your new inheritance and honor your loved one, so light one up!
There you have it! 32 Occasions to Smoke a Cigar. You will certainly need more than 32 cigars if you plan to celebrate all these occasions. If you need some suggestions, check out some of the Cheaphumidors Cigar Sampler Packs to broaden your cigar collection. Happy smoking and enjoy the future festivities! Are there any other events you have celebrated with a cigar? Tell us about it in the comments below.32 Occasions to Smoke a Cigar by Stephanie Bolen