Everything your Cigar Lover needs for the Holidays1. Humidor – Humidors. Always a great gift. They come in a huge variety of styles and sizes. There is one out there that is perfect for your cigar lover. A good choice for a gift is a small to medium sized humidor that is easy to move and store in various rooms/ places. But, if you know your cigar lover well (I’m talking best friend, lover, sibling) why not go big? Go big or go home as they say! Get them a large humidor, make it a surprise. They will love it and you for as long as they live. And while you’re at it, get it custom engraved. Whether its their initials, name (if its short enough, no William Charles Carmichael of Yorkshire the Third, that won’t fit), or something else meaningful make it clear you put some serious thought into their precious humidor gift.
2. Lighter – Can’t enjoy your cigars without having a way to light them up. If your cigar lover is resorting to cheap supermarket convenience store lighters, do them a favor, buy them a nice lighter.
Most cigar aficionados have taken the time to get themselves a nice quality lighter, but if you can afford it, get them an even nicer one. Believe or not they make some really beautiful lighters for $20+ and it would really make your cigar lover feel spoiled in the best way.
4. Ashtray – This is an often over looked item. If you aren’t using a handy empty beer can (hey, we have all done it, no judging here), you are likely using a cheap plastic ash tray, that’s not meant to handle your sticks.
Getting a proper ashtray can actually really help your smoke be more enjoyable, and a lot easier to clean up. A nice ashtray also looks really good, and if you want your cigar lover to be classy, it’s a great way to improve the smoke room (or porch) décor.
5. Travel Humidor – Earlier we discussed Humidors. The travel humidor is a different beast. The aesthetics are a little less important and durability and portability is a lot more important. The perfect travel humidor for your cigar lover depends on how often they travel, how they travel and the reasons for the travel. If you have a business man on your gift list, then a classy wooden humidor would look great when he’s handing a celebratory cigar to the CEO he just made the deal of a lifetime with. If you have a trucker you need a gift for, a more durable and portable plastic travel humidor would be a great idea.
6. Cigar Tube – This is a great gift for cigar lovers because it allows them to take a stick or two with them wherever they go. They can enjoy a cigar on the run, or as they relax in a bar. They don’t have to awkwardly ask to bum one off a friend, or buy some sticks of questionable quality while they are out. They can be prepared (the Boy Scout motto applies to cigar lovers too) and really relax when they are out and about.
7. Cigars – This is last but not least on our list, because it is the most important gift that most people screw up. Make sure you aren’t the one to do that. Do your research. Make sure you are getting quality sticks. Most cigar selling websites have a pack of cigars that any cigar aficionado is sure to love. This buying guide is a list of some of the best gifts you could get for someone who really loves cigars, and you really can’t go wrong (for the most part) getting them anything on this list. And just in case you may not be able to afford some of these awesome gifts, we at Cheap Humidors have an awesome contest going on where you can win a custom engraved humidor with a pile of cigar related goodies. Go to cheaphumidors.com/giveaways and enter now! (Only until Dec. 6th 2015) 2015 Buying Guide for Cigar Lovers by Ted Esposito